The Beacon Avenue South restoration project is scheduled to mobilize as early as Monday January 6, 2014. The project will reconstruct the sidewalk and roadway adjacent to Sound Transit’s Beacon Hill Light Rail Station. The project boundaries are on Beacon Avenue South from South McClellan Street to South Lander Street. Roadway improvements include replacement of the pavement, reconstruction of portions of sidewalks, sidewalk widening, addition of a raise roadway median and increased crosswalk width. The project is schedule to be completed by late spring 2014.
- Work is scheduled Monday to Friday (7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.)
- Various weekend work will be required (Saturday and Sunday January 11th and 12th the contractor is scheduled to remove the existing concrete from 9:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.)*
- Vehicle traffic on Beacon Avenue S between S. Lander Street and S. McClellan Street will be reduced to one lane in each direction
- King County Metro will temporarily move the north and southbound bus stops adjacent to the Beacon Hill light rail Station. Watch for rider alerts at the stop for details.
What to Expect:
- Demolition of existing roadway (high impact noises)
- Installation of various utilities
- Removal of current bus shelter adjacent to the Beacon Hill light rail station
- Use of generators
- Construction vehicle traffic/use (concrete trucks, excavator, jackhammers, concrete cutting)
- Temporary sidewalk closures and street parking restrictions adjacent to the construction work. Follow detour signage and use designated crosswalks.
*Stay tuned for future construction alerts on weekend work
For more information about the Beacon Avenue South restoration project, please call (206) 398-5300 or email[email protected].
For issues that need immediate attention after normal business hours, call Sound Transit’s 24-hour Construction Hotline at (888) 298-2395.