The Beacon Hill Merchants Association is a member-based community development organization dedicated to strengthening Seattle’s Beacon Hill district. Our board, staff and volunteers work together to plan for and promote the equitable economic development of the neighborhood through programming and revitalization activities. We serve as liaison between our neighborhood’s businesses and the City of Seattle and its various departments. We regularly advocate for Beacon Hill to have higher visibility at the city level and to increase levels of funding for city projects here.
Our principle purposes are as follows:
- To advance business interests in the Beacon Hill neighborhood of Seattle;
- To provide a forum in which members of the Beacon Hill business community may share interests and needs with each other;
- To interact in a structured way with representatives of city, county, state, and federal governmental bodies and the Seattle community at large;
- To implement activities which will encourage the growth of businesses and overall economic development in the Beacon Hill area and to provide assistance with promotional and other activities;
- To support activities believed to be beneficial to the Beacon Hill business community.
We strive to make our organization pleasurable to work with, effective, and sustainable. We are democratic in structure and value all members’ contributions in all forms. We seek to build on and improve the many excellent qualities of what is already here in our community. The annual dues structure states that all paid members are given organizational voting rights, included in group marketing efforts, listed on the website, informed of all meetings and any unique marketing opportunities.
Want to get involved? We invite you to join us, in collaboration with our members and our partner community groups, in making Beacon Hill a great place to live, work or visit. It’s easy to become a member! Download an application form or use our PayPal option here. You can also choose to contact us by email to request a form. There are many ways to get connected! Check out our events calendar to see what’s coming up, come to one of our networking luncheons to get involved in an area that interests you or stop in and visit! Our office is located just inside the Beacon Hill Public Library’s atrium at 2821 Beacon Ave. S., 98144.